Ashampstead is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Berkshire, created in 1847 from chapelry in Basildon Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1686
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Ashampstead
- Hampstead Norreys
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ashamstead, 4 m. S. E. East Ilsley. P. 404.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Berkshire
- Civil Registration District: Bradfield
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
- Diocese: Post-1835 – Oxford, Pre-1836 – Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Wallingford
- Poor Law Union: Bradfield
- Hundred: Moreton
- Province: Canterbury