Westwood is situated about a mile and a quarter N.W. from Droitwich, adjoining the parish of Hampton Lovett, and is an extra-parochial manor, containing, in 1851, a population of 10 inhabitants.
Westwood is the seat of the ancient family of Pakington, and was granted, with its revenues, to Sir John Pakington by Henry VIII. The mansion was burnt down during the civil wars, and the central portion of the present building was formerly the lodge. The family then added four wings to it, and made it their residence. There was a priory here, for six nuns, in the time of Henry II. The family of Pakington can be traced to the time of Henry II, and resided for some centuries in the county of Warwick. W. de Pakington was secretary to the Black Prince. The family first came into this county by the marriage of John Pakington with a daughter of the ancient family of Washbourne, of Stanford, in the time of Henry VI.
Pakington Sir John S., Bart., M.P. for Droitwich
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855