Himbleton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Dunhampstead, Shernall Green, Saleway, and Phepson.
Alternative Names: Humliton
Parish Church: St. Mary Magdalene
The register begins with the year 1713.
The national school for 68 children, with teacher’s residence, was built in 1873 for Himbleton and Shell.
Himbleton, a village and a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester. The village stands near Dean’s brook and near the Gloucester and Birmingham railway, 4 miles SE of Droitwich; and has a post office under Droitwich.—The parish includes also the hamlets of Saleway, Phepson, Dunhampstead, and Shernall-Green. Acres, 2,040. Real property, £3,040; of which £50 are in quarries. Pop., 410. Houses, 93. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The parish is a meet for the Worcestershire hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £110.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is early English, and has a wooden tower of 1847.
Himbleton, a parish in the middle division of Oswaldslow hund., union of Droitwich, county of Worcester; 4 miles south-east of Droitwich; on a branch of the Avon, and in the line of the Birmingham and Gloucester railway. Living, a discharged vicarage in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; rated at £8 6s. 10½d., returned at £135; gross income £112. Patrons, the dean and chapter of Worcester. Here is a daily school. Charities, in 1830, £2 10s. per annum; £1 10s. of which arose from a cottage and garden situated near Road-bridge. Poor rates. In 1838, £228 13s. In 1835, hop-grounds were cultivated in this parish to the extent of seven acres. Himbleton unites with Droitwich in returning a member to parliament. Acres 2,450. Houses 92. A. P. £2,366. Pop., including the hamlet of Shell, in 1801, 289; in 1831, 478. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Himbleton – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, middle division, 4 ½ miles S.E. from Droitwich, and 115 from London; containing 84 inhabited houses. The living is a vicarage, Rev. William James Porter, incumbent; instituted 1815; in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Population, 1801, 289 – 1811, 315 – 1821, 437. Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Phepson, a hamlet in Himbleton parish, Worcester; 5 miles SE of Droitwich. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., and W. F. Carter, B.A. Vol II. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900. Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Carter, W. F. (William Fowler), b. 1856 joint ed.Marriages at Himbleton 1713 to 1812 - Archive.org