Headless Cross is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1850 from the Worcestershire part of Ipsley Ancient Parish and Tardebigge Ancient Parish. partly in Worcestershire and partly in Warwickshire.
Headless Cross once accommodated 3 needle works: the Needle Factory, located where Stonehouse Close is today; Phoenix Works on Birchfield Road and Mount Pleasant Mill on Evesham Road. A large brickworks was situated on Marlpit Lane, as well as a smaller one along Birchfield Road¹.
Other places in the parish include: Crabbs Cross.
Nonconformists in Headless Cross include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parish registers begin: 1850
Headless-Cross, a village in Ipsley parish, Warwick, and Feckenham parish, Worcester, and a chapelry partly also in Tardebigg parish, Worcester. The village stands on the boundary between Warwick and Worcester, 2 miles W of Ipsley, and 5¼ SE of Bromsgrove r. station; and has a post office under Bromsgrove. The chapelry was constituted in 1850. Pop., 1, 743. Houses, 387. Pop. of the Ipsley portion, 783. Houses, 169. Pop. of the Feckenham portion, 508. Houses, 114. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £102. * Patron, rotationally the Rector of Ipsley, the Vicar of Tardebigg, and the Vicar of Feckenham.
Source: Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870