Far Forest Worcestershire & Shropshire Family History
Far Forest is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Shropshire and partly in Worcestershire; Created in 1845 from Ribbesford Ancient Parish, Rock Ancient Parish (both in Worcestershire) and Stottesdon Ancient Parish (Shropshire).
Church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin: 1848
Parishes adjacent to Far Forest Worcestershire
Rock with Heightington
Mamble with Bayton
Far Forest Shropshire
Parishes contiguous to Far Forest Shropshire
Far Forest Worcestershire
Historical Description of Far Forest
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Far-Forest, a chapelry in Ribbesford and Rock parishes, Worcester, and Stottesden parish, Salop; near the Bewdley and Tenbury railway, 4 miles W of Bewdley. Post-town, Bayton, under Bewdley. Pop., 655. Houses, 152. The property is subdivided. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £101. Patrons, the Rectors of Ribbesford and Rock. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].