Edvin Loach is a chapelry of Clifton on Teme Ancient Parish in Worcestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1576
Edwin-Loach, a parish in the upper division of the hund, of Doddingtree, union of Bromyard, county of Worcester, locally situated in Herefordshire; 2¼ miles north of Bromyard. Living, a discharged rectory with that of Tedstone-Wafer, in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Hereford; rated at £2 1s. 10½d.; gross income £168. Patron, in 1835, E. Higginson, Esq. Charities, in 1836, £4 7s. Poor rates, in 1838, £48 15s. Acres 360. Houses 11. A.P. £626. Pop., in 1801. 85; in 1831, 62.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Edwin, Loach, co. Worcester.
P. T. Bromyard (125) 3 m. N b E. Pop. 63.
A parish in the upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree; living, a dis. rectory, with the curacy of Tedstone Wafer, in the archdeaconry of Salop and diocese of Hereford; valued in K. B. 2l. 1s. 10½d.; ann. val. P. R. 130l.; patron (1829) — Higginson, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Edvin-Loach – a parish in the hundred of Doddingtree, upper division, 3 miles N.E. from Bromyard, and 129 from London; surrounded by Herefordshire; containing 13 inhabited houses. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Hereford and archdeaconry of Salop; Rev. E. Green, incumbent; patron, Mrs. Pytts. Population, 1801, 85 – 1811, 62 – 1821, 63.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Edvin Loach is a small parish, 3 miles N.E. from Bromyard, in the upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, and an isolated part of the county of Hereford, and contained in 1851 a population of 69 inhabitants.
The Church is a small, ancient edifice, consisting of nave, chancel, and small western tower. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of E. Higginson, Esq., with Tedstone Wafer, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford. Rev. James Grassett, M.A., Rector; Mr. Edward Benbow, Clerk. Service - 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. alternately.
Grassett Rev. James, M.A., Rector, Rectory
Abell Thomas, farmer, The Hope
Benbow Edward, Parish Clerk
Bevan Jane, farmer, Steeple Farm
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855