Crutch was formerly an extra-parochial place of Dodderhill, but is now a parish, constituted under 20th Victoria, c. 19. in the county of Worcestershire.
Crutch, an extra-parochial tract in Droitwich district, Worcester; within Droitwich borough, 2 miles N of Droitwich. Acres, 330. Pop., 11 . House, 1.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Crutch, an extra-parochial district in the upper division of the hund. of Halfshire, county of Worcester; 2 miles north of Droitwich, with which borough it is now included.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Crutch, an extra-parochial district, in the Upper division of the hundred of Halfshire, Droitwich and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 2 miles (N.) from Droitwich; containing 9 inhabitants, and comprising 240 acres. It lies to the east of the road from Droitwich to Kidderminster.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Crutch was formerly an extra-parochial place of Dodderhill, but is now a parish, constituted under 20th Victoria, c. 19. It is distant 2 miles N. of Droitwich, and consists of one farm; is in the eastern division of the county, hundred of Upper Halfshire, union, county court district, petty sessional division, and parliamentary borough of Droitwich; annual rateable value, £470; population in 1861, 11, and in 1871, 10. The area is 310 statute acres; soil, clay and marl. R. A. Douglas Gresley, Esq., and the Executors of the late Rev. H. T. Philpott, are lords of the manor and owners of the soil. Crutch belonged anciently to the nunnery of Westwood; at the termination of the dispute between that house and the monks of Worcester, in 1313, it was discharged from payment of tithes, and became extra-parochial.
POSTAL REGULATIONS. – Letters are received through Droitwich, its nearest money-order and telegraph office and post town.
RESIDENT. – Wilson William, farmer, Crutch farm.
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.
Crutch is an extra-parochial estate, situate about a mile and a half in a N.E. direction from Droitwich, on the road to Elmbridge, and adjoining Dodderhill. It contained in 1851 a population of 7 persons.
Wilson William, farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855