Bredon's Norton

St Giles' parish church, Bredon's Norton, Worcestershire, seen from the southeast. The copyright on this image is owned by Philip Halling and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.

Bredon’s Norton, Worcestershire Family History

Bredon’s Norton is a chapelry of Bredon Ancient Parish in Worcestershire.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1754

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Bredon’s Norton

  • Bredon
  • Eckington
  • Strensham
  • Kemerton

Historical Descriptions

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Norton – a hamlet and chapelry to the parish of Bredon, hundred of Oswaldslow, middle division, 6 miles N.N.E. from Tewkesbury, and 110 from London; containing 46 inhabited houses. Population, 1801, 220 – 1811, 214 – 1821, 199.

Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

Directories

Norton (near Bredon) Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Administration

  • County: Worcestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
  • Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Rector of Bredon with Norton and Cutsdean
  • Diocese: Worcester
  • Rural Deanery: Pershore
  • Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
  • Hundred: Oswaldslow
  • Province: Canterbury