Malinslee Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Malinslee is an ecclesiastical parish, in the Northern division of the county, South Bradford hundred, Madeley union, and diocese of Lichfield. The church of St. Leonard is an octagonal building of freestone, erected in the year 1805. The living is a vicarage, yearly value £300, …

Marton Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on November 21, 2018Marton, with Stockton, comprise a parish for ecclesiastical purposes formed in 1859. Marton is 3 ½ miles north-east of Chirbury. St. Mark’s church, of stone, consisting of nave, fitted up with low open pews, chancel with stalls, and bell turret, was erected in 1855. The …

Melverley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Melverley is a parish and village, eight miles west-south-west from Baschurch station on the Shrewsbury and Chester railway, three miles South of Kinnerley railway stations on the Potteries line, and 5 ½ miles south-east from Llanymynech railway station, on the Cambrian line, 10 from Oswestry …

Meole or Meole Brace Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Meole or Meole Brace is a village and parish, about one mile and a half south from Shrewsbury, and 154 miles from London; it has the following townships, viz:- Pully, Hokoe Gate, Nobold, Newton, and Edgebold, and is in the Southern division of the county, …

Ruckley and Langley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018RUCKLEY AND LANGLEY form a small township, about 1 mile east from Acton Burnell, and 5 ½ miles west from Much Wenlock. The chapel is a small structure, where divine service is performed only twice a year. The living is a curacy, and the parishoners …

Sibdon Carwood Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Sidbon Carwood is a parish, 22 miles south from Shrewsbury, and 10 from Ludlow, in the Southern division of the county, Stow division of the hundred of Purslow, Church Stretton union, and diocese of Hereford. The church of St. Michael, rebuilt in 1741 is a …