Whats New?

Heath Shropshire Family History Guide

Heath is a chapelry of Stoke St Milborough Ancient Parish in Shropshire. Other places in the parish include: Norncott. Parish church: Parish registers begin: See Stoke St Milborough Parishes adjacent to Heath Diddlebury Cold Weston Holdgate Abdon Tugford Clee St Margaret Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 Heath, a township in … Continue reading Heath Shropshire Family History Guide

Greete, Shropshire Family History Guide

Greete is a small parish in Shropshire, two miles N.W. of Tenbury, up a steep, narrow road leading on to the Clee Hills - it is in Overs Hundred, Burford Rural Deanery, Tenbury Union, and Hereford Diocese. In 1824 it contained 14 houses and the population was only 72. In 1891 (after the addition to … Continue reading Greete, Shropshire Family History Guide

Malinslee or Dawley Nova, Shropshire Family History Guide

Malinslee, or Dawley Nova, is an ecclesiastical parish formed, in 1843, from the parish of Dawley Magna Alternative names: Malins Lee Status: Ecclesiastical Parish Parish church: St. Leonard Parish registers begin: Parish registers: 1840 Bishop’s Transcripts: None Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Malinslee Stirchley Ketley Wombridge Shifnal Dawley Magna Priors Lee Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England … Continue reading Malinslee or Dawley Nova, Shropshire Family History Guide

Ketley, Shropshire Family History Guide

Status: Ecclesiastical Parish Parish church: Parish registers begin: Parish registers: 1838 Bishop’s Transcripts: None Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Ketley Wombridge Malinslee Dawley Magna Wellington Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 KETLEY, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Wellington parish, Salop. The village stands adjacent to the Wellington and Severn Junction railway, … Continue reading Ketley, Shropshire Family History Guide

Wellington Shropshire Family History Guide

Wellington is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Shropshire. Other places in the parish include: Wellington Christ Church, Watling Street, Walcott, New Dale, Lawley, Horton, Hadley, Aston, and Arleston. Status: Ancient Parish Parish church: Parish registers begin: Parish registers: 1626 Bishop’s Transcripts: 1659 Separate registers exist for Wellington Christ Church Parish registers: 1839 … Continue reading Wellington Shropshire Family History Guide

Welshampton, Shropshire Family History Guide

Status: Ancient Parish Alternative names: Welchampton, Welsh Hampton Parish church: Parish registers begin: Parish registers: 1713 Bishop's Transcripts: 1636 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Welshampton Ellesmere Bettisfield Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 HAMPTON-WELSH, a parish in Ellesmere district, Salop; on the Cambrian railway, 2½ miles ENE of Ellesmere. It has a … Continue reading Welshampton, Shropshire Family History Guide

Pontesbury, Shropshire Family History Guide

Pontesbury is a large parish of 11,000 acres, extending from the Shrewsbury side of Hanwood, less than 4 miles from Shrewsbury, to Asterley, some 10 miles from the town, with the parish of Church Pulverbatch on the south and that of Ford on the north. The village of Pontesbury lies 7½ miles from Shrewsbury and … Continue reading Pontesbury, Shropshire Family History Guide

Great Hanwood, Shropshire Family History Guide

Status: Ancient Parish succeeded by Great Hanwood Ecclesiastical Parish Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1813 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Great Hanwood Meole Brace Shrewsbury St Chad Pontesbury Westbury Bicton Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 HANWOOD (GREAT), a parish in Atcham district, Salop; on the river Rea, adjacent to the Shrewsbury and Welshpool railway, 4 … Continue reading Great Hanwood, Shropshire Family History Guide

Southwold, Suffolk Family History Guide

Southwold is an Ecclesiastical Parish and a market town in the county of Suffolk, created in 1752 from chapelry in Reydon Ancient Parish. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1602 Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, Presbyterian, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist. Parishes adjacent to Southwold Walberswick Reydon Benacre Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales … Continue reading Southwold, Suffolk Family History Guide

Old Newton Suffolk Family History Guide

Old Newton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Suffolk. Gipping is a chapelry of Old Newton. Other places in the parish include: Dagworth. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1653 Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist Parishes adjacent to Old Newton Stowmarket Haughley Finningham Cotton Gipping Bacton Stowupland Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & … Continue reading Old Newton Suffolk Family History Guide

Ipswich, Suffolk Family History Guide

Parishes included in Ipswich Ipswich Cold Dunghills, Suffolk Ipswich Felaws House, Suffolk Ipswich George Street, Suffolk Ipswich Holy Trinity, Suffolk Ipswich Shire Yard Hall, Suffolk Ipswich St Clement, Suffolk Ipswich St Helen, Suffolk Ipswich St Lawrence, Suffolk Ipswich St Margaret, Suffolk Ipswich St Mary Stoke, Suffolk Ipswich St Mary at the Elms, Suffolk Ipswich St … Continue reading Ipswich, Suffolk Family History Guide

St Edmundsbury Abbey, near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk Family History Guide

Parishes in Bury St Edmunds Bury St Edmunds St James, Suffolk Bury St Edmunds St John, Suffolk Bury St Edmunds St Mary, Suffolk   Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 BURY-ST. EDMUNDS, a town, two parishes, and a district, in Suffolk. The town stands on the river Larke, at a meeting … Continue reading Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk Family History Guide