Long Compton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in Long Compton parish include: Weston.
Parish church: Saints Peter and Paul
Parish registers begin: 1670
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist
Compton (Long), a village and a parish in the district of Chipping-Norton and county of Warwick. The village stands near the boundary with Oxford and Gloucester, 5 miles SSE of Shipston-on-Stour, and 6 E of Moreton r. station; has a post office under Shipston-on-Stour; and was once a market-town. The parish includes also the hamlet of Weston. Acres, 3, 530. Real property, £6, 117. Pop., 703. Houses, 166. Weston House is the seat of Sir George Phillips, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £191. Patron, Eton College. The church was recently restored. There are Independent and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Long Compton, 5 miles S. Shipston-on-Stour. P. 829
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.