Great Alne, Warwickshire

Great Alne is a chapelry of Kinwarton Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.

Historical Descriptions

Great Alne Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Alne (Great), 3 miles N.E. Alcester. P. 404.

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.

Great Alne The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

ALNE (Great), a chapelry and township in the parish of Kinwarton, county of Warwick; 3 miles north-east by east of Alcester. Chapel recently enlarged. Pop., in 1801, 290; in 1831, 343. Houses 59. Acres 1,620. A. P. £2,848.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

Little Alne The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

ALNE (Little), a hamlet in the parish of Aston-Cantlow, Warwickshire, near the junction of the Alne with the Arrow. The returns are made with those of the parish.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

Great and Little Alne The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830

Great and Little Alne stand on the river Alne, near its junction with the Arrow. This manor was bestowed on the monks of Winchcomb Abbey, in Gloucestershire, at an early period, but since the dissolution it has had various possessors.

Source: The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830. Wm. West. Printed and Published by R. Wrightson, Athenaeum, New-Street; and sold by Baldwin and Craddock, and Hurst, Chance and Co., London. 1830.

Poll Books

Greal Alne Warwickshire Poll Book 1868