Avon Dassett is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin: 1559
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, General Baptist, and Primitive Methodist.
Avon-Dasset, a parish in the district of Banbury and county of Warwick; 2 miles SW of Fenny-Compton r. station, and 6 ½ NNW of Banbury. It has a post-office under Banbury. Acres, 1,580. Real property, £3,038. Pop., 280. Houses, 57. The property is not much divided. The manor belonged, in the time of King Stephen, to William Gifford, a retainer of the Earl of Warwick, and passed afterwards to successively the Cantelupes, the Bishop Dens, the Pecheys, the Mountforts, the Saddlers, and the Woodwards. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £366. Patron, the Rev. R. G. Jeston. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Avon-Dasset, 4½ m. E.S.E. Kineton. P. 287.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Avon-Dassett, - south of Burton-Dasset, - is a parish in the hundred of Kington, 6 miles from Banbury, and 77 from London. In 1803, its parochial rates were £296 3s. 1½d. In 1811, it contained 46 houses and 239 inhabitants. In 1821, it contained 47 houses and 242 inhabitants. In 1826, it was valued at £2429, and its proportion to the county rate was £10 2s. 6d. It is a rectory, value £13 18s. 9d.
This manor passed through numerous hands to the Woodwards of Butlers-Marston, who possessed it for several generations
Source: The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830. Wm. West. Printed and Published by R. Wrightson, Athenaeum, New-Street; and sold by Baldwin and Craddock, and Hurst, Chance and Co., London. 1830.