Ansty is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin: 1589
Anstey, a parish in the liberty of the city of Coventry, union of Foleshill, Warwickshire; 4½ miles north-east from Coventry. Living, a vicarage, not in charge, formerly in the archd. of Coventry, and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Worcester; rated in the parliamentary returns at £12 4s.; gross income £79. In the patronage of the Crown. There is a daily school here. In 1719, the Rev. John Million left property for building a school for poor children of Anstey and Shilton. The number of children attending the school is about 40. The Oxford canal passes through this parish; and the Birmingham and Derby Junction railway. Pop., in 1801, 189; in 1831, 268. Houses 57. Acres 990. A. P. £1,708. Poor rates, in 1837, £209.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Anstey, 4 m. N.E. Coventry. P. 224
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.