Tagged: Wychbold

Wychbold Worcestershire Family History Guide

Wychbold is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire created from Dodderhill Parish in 1888. Parish church: St Mary de Wyche Parish registers begin: 1888 (before this date see Dodderhill. Nonconformists include: Congregational (chapel dates from 1836) Parishes adjacent to Wychbold Upton Warren Stoke Prior Dodderhill Hanbury Hampton Lovett Elmbridge Historical Descriptions Littlebury’s Directory...

Wychbold Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Amphlett Richard Paul, Esq., Barrister at Law and Magistrate, Wichbold Hall Blick Mr. Benjamin, Brook House Blick Mr. Thomas, Brook House Curtler John, Esq., Elm Lodge Dugard The Misses James Mr. Francis Allen Samuel, shopkeeper Beck Thomas, shoemaker Bennett George, blacksmith Bennett William, beer retailer, Holly Bush Dugard Henry, farmer; also of Kingsland Hill Farmer...

Droitwich Canal at the foot of Dodderhill Church

Dodderhill with Wychbold Astwood Rashwood and lmpney Littleburys Directory 1905

DODDERHILL, WITH WYCHBOLD, ASTWOOD, RASH WOOD, & IMPNEY. DISTANCES – Dodderhill adjoins Droitwich but extends 3 miles N. E. on the Bromsgrove road. POPULATION – In 1901, 1575. Acreage, 3488. POSTAL INFORMATION – Letters are received through Droitwich, which is the nearest money order and telegraph office. POST AND TELEGRAPH OFFICE, Wychbold; W. S. Solven,...

Droitwich Canal at the foot of Dodderhill Church

Dodderhill (with Wychbold, Rashwood, Impney and Astwood) Littleburys Directory 1879

Dodderhill is a large parish, a small portion (called “The In-Liberties”) being within the municipal borough of Droitwich, and the remainder in the county. It is in the eastern division of the county and hundred of Upper Halfshire; in the parliamentary borough, polling district, petty sessional division, poor-law union, and county court district of Droitwich;...

Droitwich Canal at the foot of Dodderhill Church

Dodderhill (with Elmbridge and Wychbold) Billings Directory 1855

Dodderhill is an extensive and thickly-populated parish, situated in an easterly direction from the town of Droitwich. It contained in 1851 a population of 1200; Elmbridge, 400; and the In-Liberties, 589; making a total for the whole parish of 2189 inhabitants. We find that in times long gone by, the church and patronage of Dodderhill...