Tagged: Woolastone

Lancaut Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Lancaut is a very small parish, pleasantly situated on the eastern bank of the Wye, 2 miles north-by-east from Chepstow, in the Hundred of Westbury, Union of Chepstow, archdeaconry of Gloucester, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol. The living is annexed to the rectory of Woolastone, worth £40 yearly. The church is a small ancient...

Woolastone Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Woolastone, or Woollastone, a village and parish and railway station, 5 miles north-east from Chepstow, 12 south-east from Monmouth, 11 south-west from Newnham, and three-quarters of a mile north from the station on the Gloucester, Swansea and Carmarthen line, situated on the western bank of the river Severn.  The village, which is very much scattered,...