Marton Shropshire Family History Guide

Marton is an ecclesiastical parish formed from the parish of Chirbury in July 12, 1859, and comprises the townships of Marton and Stockton, Shropshire. Marton is near the Montgomeryshire border, 15½ miles south-west from Shrewsbury and 5 east from Forden station on the Cambrian railway. Parish church: St. Mark Parish …

Marton Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Marton, with Stockton, comprise a parish for ecclesiastical purposes formed in 1859. Marton is 3 ½ miles north-east of Chirbury. St. Mark’s church, of stone, consisting of nave, fitted up with low open pews, chancel with stalls, and bell turret, was erected in 1855. The living is a vicarage, yearly …