Linley, Shropshire Family History Guide

Status: Ecclesiastical Parish Parish church: St. Leonard Parish registers begin: Parish registers: 1859 Bishop’s Transcripts: 1859 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Linley Willey Astley Abbots Broseley Stockton Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 LINLEY, a parish in Madeley district, Salop; on the Severn Valley railway, 2½ …

Linley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Linley is a parish and small village, 2 ½ miles from Broseley, and 4 from Bridgnorth, in the Southern division of the county, in Wenlock parliamentary and municipal borough, Madeley union, and Hereford diocese; situated rear the river Severn. The church of St. Leonard is a plain old building. The …

Bishops Castle 1791 (Description of)

[Bishops Castle] lies 40 miles from Worcester, 8 from Montgomery, and 153 from London; is a small town on the river Clun, but an old corporation; it has the privilege of choosing members of parliament, to which it made the first return in the 27th of Elizabeth.  The corporation consists …