Halesowen Shropshire & Worcestershire Family History Guide

Halesowen is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire. Frankley is a chapelry of Halesowen. Halesowen was a detached part of the county of Shropshire but was incorporated into Worcestershire in 1844 by the Counties (Detached Parts) Act. Since the local government reorganisation of 1974 it has formed a …

Warley Wigom Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Adams John, clock maker Birch James, farmer Bloxcidge Richard, farmer Brinton Benj. Farmer Chambers Benj. Farmer Chambers Isaac, farmer Clift George, farmer Good William, farmer Hanson Martha, vict. Haywood S. farmer Hoggetts Samuel, farmer Hoggetts J. schoolmaster Holloway Thos. farmer Hurley Joseph, vict. Johnson Widow, farmer Lewis Sam. nail master …

Lutley Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Allchurch Thos., farmer Burton John, farmer Darby David, farmer Eaton and Darby, millers Hawkeswood T., farmer Higgs Benjamin, farmer Spencer T., farmer & vict. Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.

Halesowen (Shropshire) Universal British Directory 1791

Halesowen is on the east side of Sturbridge [sic], 118 miles form London.  It had formerly an abbey, built in 1215, of which great part of the walls are yet standing, but some of them overgrown with bushes and weeds.  Here is a poor market on Mondays; and two fairs, …

Oldbury The Old Dissenting Chapel 1732 to 1749

[Note: This Register does not run in date order.] 1735 Hannah, dau. of William & Hannah Knowles, bap. 6 April Hannah, dau. of William & Hannah Parks, bap. in Desember [sic]. 1736 No Entries 1737 Joseph, s. of William & Hannah Knowles, bap. 25 Dec. Samuel, s. of John & …

The Old Dissenting Chapel, Oldbury – Register II.

The Oldbury to which these extracts relate is situate in Hales Owen. During the period to which these Registers relate it formed part of Shropshire, but by an Order (?) in Council in 18- it was declared to belong to Worcestershire, to which it is now annexed for all civil …