Edstaston, Shropshire Family History Guide

Edstaston was taken out of Wem, and formed into a separate parish, in 1850. It includes the hamlets of Edstaston and Cotton, and comprises an area of 3,721 acres. The population in 1901 was 740. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1712 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Edstaston Tilstock Whixall Wem …

Edstaston Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Edstaston, with the township of Cotton, is an ecclesiastical parish and pleasant village, 2 miles north-west from Wem. The church, dedicated to the Blessed Virgin, is an ancient building, having three Norman doorways, and on the south side a handsome stained glass window. The living is a perpetual curacy, annual …