Cropthorne Worcestershire Family History Guide

Cropthorne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire. Other places in the parish include: Charlton and Netherton. The hamlet of Netherton, which belonged to Cropthorne till 1864, was added to Elmley Castle by Order in Council, 464; in 1871 Parish Church: St. Michael The register begins with the …

Advertisements

Charlton Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Andrews John, weaver Boyce Mrs., farmer Brown Mary L., farmer Brown Mrs., gentlewoman Bushell G., blacksmith Bushell Mrs., farmer Corbet Thos., pig dealer Davis Thomas, gardener Davis James, gardener Dingley William, farmer Dingley R., wheelwright Dingley Samuel, farmer Woodward Francis, farmer Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for …

Cropthorne (with the Hamlets of Charlton and Netherton) Billings Directory 1855

Cropthorne, is a village and parish, very pleasantly situated in the Middle Oswaldslow Hundred, and Eastern Division of the county, distant 3 ½ miles S.E. from Pershore, and 3 N.W. from Evesham, with a population in 1851 of 336 inhabitants. There is nothing particular in this locality requiring comment. Taken …