Tagged: Chetton

Chetton, Shropshire Family History Guide

Chetton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire. The parish comprises the townships of Chetton, Ewdon Burnell, Ewdon George, Faintree and Criddon, with the chapelry of Loughton. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1538 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Chetton Neenton Ditton Priors Stottesdon Glazeley and Deuxhill Upton Cressett Oldbury Chelmarsh Middleton Scriven Morville...

Poll Book 1865, Chetton Shropshire

Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq. Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire. Bridgnorth Polling District Chetton, Parish of 507 Adams James 508 Adams Richard...

Chetton Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Chetton is a parish, with the chapelry of Loughton, 3 ½ miles south-west-by-west from Bridgnorth, in the Southern division of the county, Chelmarsh Division of Stottesden hundred, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford.  The church of St. Giles is an old stone structure, in the Early English style, and was repewed about 1850.  The living...