Cherington Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Cherington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Other places in the parish include: Westrip. Parish church: St. Nicholas Parish registers begin: 1568 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Cherington Minchinhampton Rodmarton Avening Tetbury Historical Descriptions Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870 Cherrington, a parish in Tetbury district, Gloucester; 3 ¾ miles … Continue reading Cherington Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Advertisements

Cherrington Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Cherrington is a township, parish and village, 5 miles west from Tetbury road station, 5 south-east from Stroud, 4 north from Tetbury, 8 south-west-by-south from Cirencester, and 98 from London, in Longtree Hundred, Tetbury, Union, East Gloucestershire, Gloucester archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol archbishopric. It is situated 1 mile east from the Tetbury road to … Continue reading Cherrington Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Cherington Marriages 1760 to 1803

Volume II. Joshua Handcock, of Minchinhampton, & Ann Farr, lic., 20 Aug. 1760 Thomas Young & Mary Freeman, 3 Feb. 1761 John Hayward, of Ampney St. Peter, & Rachel Kilmaster, lic., 23 Feb. 1762 Giles Whiting & Mary Whiting, 1 Sept. 1763 Abraham Lovelock & Mary Young, 17 Oct. 1763 Thomas Miller, of Avening, & … Continue reading Cherington Marriages 1760 to 1803

Cherington Marriages 1803 to 1812

Volume III.Joseph Fowles & Mary Whiting, 18 Aug. 1803William Fry, of Tetbury, & Hester Harewell, 20 Jan. 1806James Hewer, of Kingscote, & Elizabeth Hunt, 28 Dec. 1807Joseph Cheane & Ann Hall, 31 Oct. 1808James Smith & Hannah Hall, 22 Nov. 1808James Spire, of Tewkesbury, & Mary Harewell, 15 July 1811William Whiting & Phoebe Ann White, … Continue reading Cherington Marriages 1803 to 1812

Cherington Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876

Cherrington is a parish and village in Tetbury union, containing, by the census of 1861, 232, and in 1871, 237 inhabitants, with 2174 acres of land; in the deanery of Stonehouse, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; 4 miles north from Tetbury, 5 west from Tetbury Road Station, 7 south-east from Stroud, and … Continue reading Cherington Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876