Broughton Shropshire Family History Guide

Broughton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1718 from a chapelry in Shrewsbury St Mary Ancient Parish. Other places in the parish include: Yorton. Parish church: St. Mary Parish registers begin: 1705 Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist Parishes adjacent to Broughton Wem Clive Myddle Hadnall Historical …

Broughton Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Broughton is a parish, comprising the townships of Broughton and Yorton, seven miles from Shrewsbury, three and a half south from Wem, and 170 from London, in the Northern division of the county, Albrighton division, Wem union, and diocese of Lichfield; it is situated on the road from Shrewsbury to …

Bishops Castle Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Bishop’s Castle is a municipal borough, market town, polling place for the Southern division of the county, and parish containing the boroughs of Bishop’s Castle and the out liberties and townships of Colebatch, Woodbatch, Broughton, Lea, and Oakeley, 12 miles west from Craven Arms railway station, 161 west from London, …