Adderstone, a township in the chapelry of Bambrough, Northumberland; 3 miles south-east by south from Belford; on the post-road from Berwick to Alnwick. Pop., in 1801, 300; in 1831, 322. Houses 55. Poor rates, in 1837, £178. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Mouson, or Mowson, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; 1 mile S of Belford. Acres, 752. Pop., 82. Houses, 14. There is a Roman camp. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Adderstone, a township, in the parish of Bambrough, union of Belford, N. division of Bambrough ward and of Northumberland, 3 miles (S. E. by S.) from Belford; containing 302 inhabitants. The manor was possessed by the ancient family of Forster, from whom it came, in 1763, to John William Bacon, Esq., by whom the present … Continue reading Adderstone Northumberland Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845