Tagged: Alveley

Alveley Shropshire Family History Guide

Alveley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire. Alveley parish includes the liberty of Romsley, and the townships of Alam Bridge or Allom Bridge, Cotton and Kingsnordley, Nordley Regis, King’s Nordley or Nordley. Parish Church: St. Mary Parish registers begin: 1561 Nonconformists included in Alveley: Primitive Methodist Parishes adjacent to Alveley Highley Upper...

Alveley Kellys Shropshire Directory 1863

Alveley is a parish and large village, 12 miles north west from Kidderminster, 7 south-south-east from Bridgnorth, 9 north-north-west from Bewdley, and 8 north-east from Cleobury Mortimer, in the Chelmarsh division of the hundred and rural deanery of Stottesden, Bridgnorth union and county court district, South Shropshire, archdeaconry of Salop, Hereford diocese. It is pleasantly situated on the eastern bank...

Poll Book 1865, Alveley Shropshire

Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq. Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire. Bridgnorth Polling District Alveley, Parish of 414 Bache Thomas 415 Bache William...

Alveley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Alveley is a parish and large village, 7 miles north-west from Kidderminster, 9 north-north-west from Bewdley, and 8 north-east from Cleobury Mortimer, in the Southern division of the county, Chelmarsh division of the hundred of Stottesden, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford, pleasantly situated on the eastern banks of the river Severn.  The church of...

Alveley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Alveley is a parish and large village, 7 miles north-west from Kidderminster, 9 north-north-west from Bewdley, and 8 north-east from Cleobury Mortimer, in the Southern division of the county, Chelmarsh division of the hundred of Stottesden, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford, pleasantly situated on the eastern banks of the river Severn.  The church of...