Tagged: Alderton Gloucestershire

Alderton Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Alderton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Other places in the parish include: Dixton. Parish church: St. Margaret Parish registers begin: 1596 Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist School: mixed village school supported by voluntary subscriptions together with the weekly payments of the children. Parishes adjacent to Alderton Great Washbourne Woolstone Oxenton Overbury Prescott...

Alderton Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Alderton is a township, village, and parish, 7 miles east from Tewkesbury, 5 east from Ashchurch station, on the Bristol and Birmingham railway, 8 north-east from Cheltenham, and 4 north-west from Winchcomb, in the upper division of the hundred of Tewkesbury, Union of Winchcomb, East Gloucestershire, archdeaconry of Gloucester, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol,...

Alderton Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863

Alderton is a village and parish, 7 miles east from Tewkesbury, 5 east from Ashchurch station on the Bristol and Birmingham railway, 8 north-east from Cheltenham, and 4 north-west from Winchcomb, in the upper division of the hundred of Tewkesbury, union and county court district of Winchcomb, East Gloucestershire, rural deanery of Campden, archdeaconry of...

Alderton Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876

Alderton is a village and parish in Winchcomb union, containing, by the census of 1861, 487, and in 1871, 474 inhabitants, with 1560 acres of land; in the deanery of Campden, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester of Bristol, hundred of Tewkesbury, East Gloucestershire, 1 ½ mile south-east from Beckford Station, on the Midland Railway,...