Tagged: Abdon

Abdon, Shropshire Family History Guide

Abdon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire. Parish church: St. Margaret Parish registers begin: 1554 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Abdon Heath Diddlebury Burwarton Clee St Margaret Church Of St Margaret by Gammock. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license. Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of...

Abdon Shropshire Poll Book 1865

Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq. Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire. Ludlow Polling District Abdon, Parish of 2220 Bradley George, see 1457 2221...

Abdon Kellys Shropshire Directory 1863

ABDON is a township and parish, 10 miles north from Ludlow, in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, Ludlow union, South Shropshire, rural deanery of Wenlock, Salop archdeaconry, and bishopric of Hereford; it is situated on the western side of the Brown Clee Hill, and looks out upon Corve Dale, through which flows...

Abdon Cassey’s Directory of Shropshire 1871

Abdon is a small parish, 10 miles north from Ludlow, in the southern division of the county, lower division of the hundred of Munslow, Ludlow union, and diocese of Hereford; it is situated on the western side of the Brown Clee Hill, and overlooks Corve Dale, through which flows the small river Corve.  The church...

Abdon Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875

Abdon is a small parish, 10 miles north from Ludlow, in the Southern division of the county, lower division of the hundred of Munslow, Ludlow union, and diocese of Hereford; it is situated on the western side of the Brown Clee Hill, and overlooks Corve Dale, through which flows the small river Corve.  The church...

Abdon Kellys Herefordshire and Shropshire Directory 1941

Abdon is a parish on the western side of the Brown Clee Hill and overlooks Corvedale, through which flows the small river Corve: it is 5 miles south-east from Rushbury station on the Wenlock and Craven Arms branch of the Great Western railway, and 10 north-by-east from Ludlow, in the Ludlow division of the county,...