Tamworth is an Ancient Parish partly in Staffordshire and partly in Warwickshire. Wilnecote is a chapelry of Tamworth.
Other places in the parish include: Syerscote, Biddescote.
Parish registers begin: 1558
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Particular Baptist, Presbyterian, Roman Catholic, Society of Friends/Quaker, Unitarian, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Tamworth, 116 m. N.W. London. Market, Tues. P. 7746
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Biddescote, a township in the parish of Tamworth, southern division of the hund. of Offlow, county of Stafford; ½ mile south-west of Tamworth, in the immediate vicinity of the Birmingham and Derby railway, and the Coventry canal. Pop., in 1801, 84; in 1831, 11. Houses 2. Acres 350. Other returns with the parish.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Syerscote, a township, in the parish and union of Tamworth, N. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (NNE) from Tamworth; containing 46 inhabitants.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.