Moxley, a village in Wednesbury parish, and a chapelry partly also in Darlaston and Wolverhampton parishes, Stafford. The village stands near the Oxford, Birmingham, and Wolverhampton railway, 1 mile SE of Bilston; is a modern place, sharing in the manufactories of the Black country; and has a station, jointly with Bradley, on the railway, and a post-office under Wednesbury. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Pop. In 1861, 3,857. Houses, 749. Pop. of Wednesbury portion, 1,123. Houses, 209. Pop. of the Darlaston portion, 2,311. Houses, 455. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £213. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is modern and neat.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].