Bobbington is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Shropshire and partly in Staffordshire; Created in 1726 from chapelry in Claverley Ancient Parish.
Parish Church: Holy Cross
Parish registers begin: 1571
Wesleyan Methodist is the only identified non-Church of England denomination in Bobbington.
Bobbington, a parish in the district of Wolverhampton, and counties of Stafford and Salop; 3½ miles W of the river Stour and the Stafford and Birmingham canal, 4½ miles E by N of Hampton-Loade r. station, and 8 WNW of Stourbridge. It includes the hamlet of Halfpenny-Green; and its Post Town is Enville, under Stourbridge. Acres, 2,676. Real property, £4,130. Pop., 431. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £97. Patron, W. Whitmore, Esq. The church is good. An endowed school has £42, and other charities £31.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].