Chesterton, a township in Worfield parish, Salop; 5 ½ miles NE of Bridgnorth.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Chesterton. A township in the parish of Worfield, and in the Bridgnorth division of the hundred of Brimstry. 5 miles north-east of Bridgnorth. At Chesterton is one of the most perfect Roman camps in the Island, and the Saxons had a Castle there.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824