Whitton is a chapelry of Burford Ancient Parish in Shropshire.
Parish church: St Mary the Virgin
Parish registers begin: 1825
Whitton, a township in the parish of Burford, hund. of Overs, union of Tenbury, county of Salop; 3½ miles north-west by north of Tenbury. Tithes of Whitton, with those of Vennington-Marsh and Wigmore, commuted in 1840; aggregate amount £324 17s. 5d. Acreage with the parish. Houses 14. A.P. £1,094. Pop., in 1801, 62; in 1831, 76. Poor rates, in 1838, £31 12s. See Burford. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
WHITTON, a township in the parish of BURFORD, hundred of OVERS, county of SALOP, 3½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Tenbury, containing 68 inhabitants. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq.
Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire.
Cleobury Mortimer Polling District
Whitton— Township of
1764 Mills Samuel, dead
1765 Mills Samuel, dead