Silvington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin: 1716
Silvington (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Cleobury-Mortimer, hundred of Overs, S division of Salop, 6 miles (NW) from Cleobury-Mortimer; containing 46 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king’s books at £3. 6. 8., and in the joint patronage of the family of Fowler and Theophilus Salwey, Esq.; net income, £100
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Silvington is a parish and village, 8 miles from Ludlow, and 5 from Cleobury Mortimer, in the Southern division of the county, Overs hundred, Cleobury Mortimer union, and diocese of Hereford. The church of St. Michael is an ancient Norman building. The living is a rectory; the tithes are commuted for £50 10s., with 106 acres of glebe land and a residence, in the gift of the Rev. George Edmonds. The Rev. George Edmonds is lord of the manor and sole landowner. The soil is chiefly a poor loam, with clay subsoil. The area is 490 acres, and the population in 1861 was 47: gross estimated rental, £422; rateable value, £380. Letters through Cleobury Mortimer.
Pritchard Rev. Charles William, M.A.
Boddey George, blacksmith
Green Thomas, farmer and overseer
Preene Thomas, miller
Shielding Joseph, farmer
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.’s History, Gazetteer, & Directory of Shropshire. Printed Shrewsbury 1875.
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq.
Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire.
Cleobury Mortimer Polling District
Silvington, Parish of
1663 Edmonds the Rev. George, see 3840
1664 Green Thomas
1665 Pritchard Charles William
1666 Skelding Joseph