Mainstone

Mainstone Shropshire

Historical Descriptions

Mainstone

Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Mainstone. A parish partly in the Mainstone division of the hundred of Clun, partly in the county of Montgomery. The entire parish contains 451 inhabitants. The Shropshire part 49 houses, 296 inhabitants. A rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Clun, and archdeaconry of Salop. 4 miles south-west of Bishopscastle.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Edenhope

Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Edenhope, Upper and Lower. A township in the parish of Mainstone, and in the Mainstone division of the hundred of Clun. 3 ½ miles west of Bishopscastle.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Reilth

Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Reith or Reilth. A township in the parish of Mainstone, and in the Mainstone division of the hundred of Clun. 3 miles south west of Bishopscastle.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Poll Books

Mainstone, Poll Book 1865

Directories

Mainstone Cassey Shropshire Directory 1875