Heath Shropshire Genealogy & Family History¶
Photo of Heath Chapel, near Bouldon, Shropshire. The 12th-century Norman chapel is all that remains above ground of a deserted medieval village, the earthworks of which surround it on all sides. by Betty Longbottom, some rights reserved.</p
Heath is a chapelry of Stoke St Milborough Ancient Parish in Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Norncott.
Parish registers begin: See Stoke St Milborough
Norman lancet window and fragment of wall painting in the chapel at Heath, Shropshire. The copyright on this image is owned by Alan Longbottom and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.
Parishes adjacent to Heath¶
- Cold Weston
- Clee St Margaret
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870¶
Heath, a township in Stoke-St. Milborough parish, Salop; 7½ miles NNE of Ludlow. It contains Norncott hamlet; and forms a chapelry annexed to the vicarage of Stoke-St. Milborough. Pop., 38. Houses, 8. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851¶
Heath, a chapelry in the parish of Stoke-St.-Milborough, county of Salop. Acres 390. Houses 8. Pop., in 1821, 41 ; in 1831, 42. Poor rates, in 1838, £14 16s. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824¶
Heath. A township in the parish of Stoke St. Milborough, and in the hundred of Munslow, a chapel to Stoke St. Milborough. 7 houses, 41 inhabitants. 7 ½ miles north-east of Ludlow. Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Ludlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ludlow
- Poor Law Union: Ludlow
- Hundred: Munslow
- Province: Canterbury