Great Wollaston is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1733 from chapelry in Alberbury Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1829
Parishes adjacent to Great Wollaston
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Great Wollaston; or Woolaston. A township in the parish of Alberbury, and in the Ford division of the hundred of Ford, a chapel to Alberbury, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Pontesbury, and archdeaconry of Salop. 11 miles west of Shrewsbury.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Civil Registration District: Atcham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)