Coreley; or Corley. A parish in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesden, a rectory, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Burford, and archdeaconry of Salop. 121 houses, 566 inhabitants. 6 miles east of Ludlow.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Coreley, a parish in Cleobury-Mortimer district, Salop; under the Clee Hills, 3½ miles NNE of Tenbury r. station, and 5 WSW of Cleobury-Mortimer. Post-town, Tenbury. Acres, 2175. Rated property, £1,490. Pop., 515. Houses, 106. The properly is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £280. Patron, A. F. Haliburton, Esq. The church is of brick, and ancient, with tower and spire; and was reported in 1859 as bad.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].