Cockshutt is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1742 from chapelry in Ellesmere Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1772
Cockshut and Crosemere Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Cockshut, and Crosemere. A township in the parish of Ellesmere, and in the Ellesmere division of the hundred of Pimhill. Cockshut is chapel to Ellesmere, and is in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. Cockshut is 4 miles, and Crosemere 3 miles, south-east of Ellesmere.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824