Church Pulverbach, Shropshire Family History¶
Church Pulverbach is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Castle Pulverbatch, Churton, Cothercott, Wrentnall, Wilderley, Wilderley Hill, Wrenthall, and Pulverbatch Castle.
Alternative names: Church Pulverbatch, Pulverbatch
Parish registers begin: 1542
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, and Primitive Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Church Pulverbach¶
- Church Stretton with All Stretton and Little Stretton
Churton Shropshire Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870¶
Churton, a township in Church Pulverbatch parish, Salop; 6 ½ miles N of Church-Stretton. Pop., 90.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Church Pulverbatch or Churton Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824¶
Church Pulverbatch; or Churton. A parish in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover, a rectory remaining in charge, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Pontesbury, and archdeaconry of Salop. 81 houses, 539 inhabitants. 8 miles south-west of Shrewsbury. Fair September 27, for horned cattle, horses, and sheep.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Pontesbury
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: Condover
- Province: Canterbury