Calverhall

Calverhall, Shropshire Family History

Calverhall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1726 from chapelry in Prees Ancient Parish.

Alternatice names: Cloverly, Corveral, Corverhall or Cloverley

Other places in the parish include: Woolliston, Millen-heath.

Parish church: Holy Trinity

Parish registers begin: 1771

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Calverhall

  • Adderley
  • Moreton Say
  • Ightfield
  • Prees

Historical Descriptions

Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Calverhall; or Corverhall or Cloverley. A township in the parish of Prees, and in the Whitchurch division of the hundred of Bradford, North. A chapel to Prees. Calverhall, with Willaston, and Millen-heath, contains 51 houses, 293 inhabitants.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Cloverly or Calverhall or Corveral Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Cloverly; or Calverhall; or Corveral. The seat of J. W. Dodd, esq. In the Whitchurch division of the hundred of Bradford, North. 5 miles south-east of Whitchurch.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Directories

Calverhall Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Wem
  • Probate Court: Court of the Prebend of Prees or Pipe Minor
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Market Drayton
  • Poor Law Union: Wem
  • Hundred: North Bradford
  • Province: Canterbury