Bonningale; or Bonninghall. A parish in the Shiffnall division of the hundred of Brimstry, a chapelry, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 30 houses, 160 inhabitants. 5 miles south-east of Shiffnall.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824.