Bickton; or Bicton. A township in the parish of St. Chad, and in the liberties of Shrewsbury, chapel to St. Chad, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 3 miles north-west of Shrewsbury.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824