Aston Eyre, Shropshire Family History¶
Aston Eyre is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1748 from a chapelry in Morville Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: See Morville
Parishes adjacent to Aston Eyre¶
- Acton Round
- Upton Cressett
Aston Eyre Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850¶
Aston-Eyre, in Morvill par. P. 130
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Aston Eyre, or Air, or Ayres Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824¶
Aston Eyre, or Air, or Ayres. A township in the parish of Morvill, and in the Chelmarsh division of the hundred of Stottesden. A curacy, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesden, and archdeaconry of Salop. 23 houses, 63 inhabitants. 4 miles north-west of Bridgnorth.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq.
Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire.
Bridgnorth Polling District
Aston Eyre, Parish of¶
468 Adams Thomas
469 Barker George, see 731
170 Birkin George (Note:170 should probably be 470)
471 Farmer Edward, see 410
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury