Edith Weston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutland.
Alternative names: Edweston
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1585
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Edith-Weston, or Edweston, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; on the river Gwash, 1¾ mile NNW of Luffenham r. station, and 5½ SE by E of Oakham. Post town, Hambleton, under Oakham. Acres, 1, 723. Real property, £3, 371. Pop., 387. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. An alien benedictine priory, a cell to St. George’s Banquerville, stood here; was given to the Charterhouse, Coventry; and passed to the Comptons and the Herberts. Edith-Weston House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £155. Patron, R. Lucas, Esq. The church has a light Gothic spire; and is ancient, but very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].