Bisbrooke is an Ancient Parish in the county of Rutland.
Alternative names: Bisbrook
Parish church: St John the Baptist
Parish registers begin: 1665
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Bisbrook, a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland; 1 ½ mile E of Uppingham, and 2 NW of Seaton r. station. Post Town, Uppingham. Acres, 720. Real property, £2,031. Pop., 266. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough-Value, £252. Patron, the Duke of Rutland. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Bisbrooke, a parish in the hund, of Wrandike, union of Uppingham, county of Rutland; 1½ mile east of Uppingham. Living, a discharged vicarage in the archd. of Northampton and dio. of Peterborough; valued at £6 0s. 4d.; gross income £258. Patron, in 1835, the Duke of Rutland. The great and small tithes of Bisbrooke manor, the property of the clerical rector, lord of the manor and vicar, were commuted in 1795. Pop., in 1801, 196; in 1831, 177. Houses 38. Acres 720. A. P. £1,815. Poor rates, in 1837, £841.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
BISBROOKE, a parish in the hundred of Wrandike, county of RUTLAND, 1¾ mile (E.) from Uppingham, containing 223 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Northampton, and diocese of Peterborough, rated in the king‘s books at £6. 0. 4. The Duke of Rutland was patron in 1811. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. Here is a school with a trifling endowment.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831