Tagged: Yardley

Yardley Worcestershire Family History

Yardley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire. Other places in the parish include: Acocks Green, Marston, Hay Mills and Hall Green. Parish church: St. Edburgh Parish registers begin: 1539 Nonconformists include:...

Hay Mills Bennetts Business Directory 1899

Bones S, corn factor, 9 Coventry rd Briley F J, building contractor, Coventry rd BROWN J B, draper, milliner, hosier, glover and haberdasher, etc. Manchester house, 52 Coventry rd Bulls Head Inn, Coventry rd...

Acocks Green Bennett’s Business Directory 1899

Acocks Green Institute, Dudley Park rd Armstrong The Misses A R & M, stationary, fancy goods, books and magazines, &c., The Library, Warwick rd Averill J, fish, game, poultry & rabbit salesman, Warwick rd...

Yardley Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Yardley, 4 miles from Birmingham, containing 359 houses and 1906 inhabitants. This parish is very extensive, and has the chapelry of Marston annexed. It has a manufactory of burnt tiles from which the town...

Yardley Worcestershire Trades Directory 1861

Those marked * have places of business in Birmingham. Post Office. — Letters arrive from Birmingham, at 7.30 a.m., and are despatched at 6.20 p.m. — John Green, postmaster. Hall Green. — Letters arrive...

Yardley (With Yardley Wood and Hall Green) 1855

Yardley is a very extensive parish, about 4 miles from Birmingham. The soil is fruitful, and the neighbourhood exceedingly pleasant, abounding with numerous gentlemen’s seats and villas. It is divided from Warwickshire by the...

%d bloggers like this: