Appleford Cassey History Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Is a village and chapelry belonging to Sutton Courtney, but independent of it as relates to its parochial affairs; it is 3 miles south-east from Abingdon, and 55 from London, in the hundred of Ock, union of Abingdon, and diocese of Oxford. The chapel is a plain little old building. …