Pershore Worcestershire Family History Guide

Last Updated on June 3, 2019Pershore is a market town, partly in the parish of St. Andrew and partly in that of Holy Cross, in the upper division of Pershore hundred; 102 miles N.W. by W. from London, 9 S.E. from Worcester, 10 N. by E. from Tewkesbury. The town is seated on the western …

Walcot Cummembris Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Walcot Cummembris, near Pershore, containing 41 houses. And 239 inhabitants. Andrews Joseph, gardener Badger Thos. gardener Bradbury Edw. Gardener Checketts John, farmer Cole Edward, smith Cole John, farmer Corbett Matthew, farmer Dance William, farmer Darke Richard, farmer Day Thomas, farmer Deakin Isaac, gardener Ewins John, gardener Fowler Michael, farmer Green John, pig dealer Harris Thomas, …

Walcot-Cum-Membris Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Walcot-Cum-Membris is an extensive hamlet belonging to Holy Cross, Pershore, containing a population of 506 inhabitants. It is situated about 2½ miles from Pershore, on the main road to Worcester, and contains a few gardeners and farmer, the bulk of population consisting of the working class. There is a small Methodist Chapel. No stated minister. …

Wadborough Littleburys Worcester Directory 1905

Distances – 5½ miles by rail & 6 by road S.E. of Worcester, & 4 N.W. of Pershore. Postal Information – Post Office; Thomas Corbett, Sub-postmaster. Letters arrive by mail-cart from Worcester at 5.45 a.m.; the delivery commences at 6 a.m.; despatched at 7.10 p.m. on week-days and Sundays. There is no delivery of letters …

Wadborough Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Wadborough is a small hamlet belonging to Holy Cross, Pershore, about 4 miles from that place. It contains one farm-house and a few cottages. The population is 1851 was 198. DIRECTORY Ewins John, shopkeeper Smithin Joseph, farmer Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855 

Pensham Billings Worcestershire Directory 1855

Pensham is a hamlet of St. Andrew’s, Pershore, distant about one mile from the town, containing but five farms. The population in 1851 was 98. DIRECTORY Danter Mary, farmer George Henry, farmer Greaves Thomas, farmer Quarrell George, farmer Wilson John, farmer; and at Pershore Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855