Martley, Worcestershire Family History Guide

Last Updated on July 31, 2019Martley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire. Other places in the parish include: Hillhampton. Parish church: St. Peter Parish registers begin: 1625 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Martley Astley Great Witley Knightwick with Doddenham Whitbourne Clifton on Teme Shrawley Little Witley Shelsley Beauchamp Broadwas Wichenford Historical Descriptions …

Hillhampton Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Adnams Giles, steward Chester T., game keeper Croydon Joseph, farmer Flewitt – , farmer Pearman Joseph, farmer Piper Mary, smith Thomas Watkin, farmer Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820. Note: Adnams is how the name is spelt in the directory. 

Martley Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Martley, 7 miles from Worcester, containing 173 houses, and 1050 inhabitants. Adcock Edward, farmer Alldridge J., carpenter Alldridge Wm., carpenter Badger John, farmer Best Rev. Francis Biddle Robert, farmer Bishop George, farmer Bradband William, farmer Butt John, farmer Cartridge Mark, farmer Crisp Thomas, farmer Dowding William, esq. Dowding Charles, farmer Davis John, farmer Davis Daniel, …

Martley (with the Hamlet of Hillhampton) Billings Directory 1855

Martley, with the Hamlet of Hillhampton, is pleasantly situated, nearly 8 miles N.W. from Worcester. Martley contained in 1851 a population of 1160, Hillhampton, 149; total, 1309 inhabitants. Berrow Hill is of an oval form, with two lines of entrenchments round the brow of the hill, which evidently shows that it must have been the …